By Peter Alexander March 6 at 9:15 p.m.
The University of Colorado, Boulder, posted the following information on Tuesday, March 3, for visitors and potential visitors to Macky Auditorium. It is important to note that to date no Macky events have been cancelled or postponed. However, it is worth noting that CU Presents, the Boulder Philharmonic and other organizations are thinking ahead to the possibility that events may have to be changed in the future, depending on the spread of the Novel Coronavirus.
At this time there have been two announced cases of COVID-19 in the State of Colorado.
COVID-19 INFORMATION FOR MACKY VISITORS
The University of Colorado Boulder’s Macky Auditorium is committed to the health, safety and well-being of everyone at our events. We are actively monitoring the global coronavirus or COVID-19 situation, and would like to point you to updates and resources from the University of Colorado Boulder and Boulder County Health.
To promote the safest possible conditions on campus, CU Boulder is providing enhanced cleaning throughout campus with increased attention to commonly touched surfaces in addition to hand sanitizer stations in key places throughout the venue during events. You can support these efforts by:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer,
- Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoiding contact with people who are sick, especially if they are exhibiting cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Staying home if you are sick. Avoid contact with others except when seeking medical care.
- Contacting your medical provider if you have any questions or health concerns.
Events at Macky Auditorium are currently happening as scheduled. If circumstances change, we will prioritize the health of our audience, performers and staff by implementing and communicating appropriate changes. In the event of a cancellation, we’ll notify all ticketholders by email and/or phone as soon as possible and notices will be posted in our outgoing voicemail, website and social media.
We highly encourage those who feel unwell to stay home. Given the different presenters that bring events at Macky, each one with its own ticketing policy, please reach out to the appropriate contact if you have questions about your tickets:
- CU Presents: You may call the box office at 303-492-8008 if you need to exchange tickets for an upcoming performance.
- Boulder Philharmonic: You may call the Ticket Office at 303-449-1343 if you need to exchange tickets for an upcoming performance.
- Other events: Please call 303-492-8423 for more information.
- If the event you are attending is not ticketed, please check our website, our Facebook page or Twitter handle (@mackyauditorium) for updated information.